Winter Tyres are the tyres used when you start experiencing days colder than 7ºC. In a town like Huddersfield, winter tyres become important because it is both a market town as well as a University town. Huddersfield is home to almost 200,000 people. The bustling town is full of life even in winters. While driving, you have to be wary of all the people around you while risking performance from your regular tyres. Winter Tyres are the tyres used when you start experiencing days colder than 7ºC.
Hillam Tyres has been a pioneer in tyre retail for years. That is why we have some of the best names in winter tyres Huddersfield has ever seen. We understand how harsh winters can be for you, and we’ll make your tyre purchase just as easy.
Such weather conditions are not favourable to the drivers. Not only do they have nature against them, but also their tyres. Therefore, it becomes necessary for us to understand our tyres well.
What happens in winters?
There are many factors that come into play in winters. The following are some of them:
- Winters hinder your sight to an extent. With cloud cover, fog and days shortening, the visibility is affected.
- The rubber starts to harden and its particles do not interlock with the road surface. Thus happens the loss of traction and control
- Snow or water on the road does not allow the tyres to make firm contact with the road. This is a dangerous situation as neither the steering nor the brakes would be of any help.
- Sometimes the water on the road freezes into ice. This increases the chance of skidding and eventual road hazards.In Huddersfield, it can have a grave impact on the lives of not just the drivers but the people around them as well.
What is a Winter Tyre?
Efforts were made to eliminate all the problems mentioned above with a single product. After years of research, the outcome was a delight for anybody to use. What we know today as winter tyres are nothing short of a marvel in engineering. Here are some of the key points that make it stand out in terms of performance in winters.
- The tread compound includes more natural rubber, which makes it soft. Upon hardening, it is still soft enough to create friction with the road. Thus, it is ideal for temperatures less than 7ºC where braking can be a challenge.
- The tread is made broader to provide more area of contact between the tyres and the road. This increases traction and provides you with superb control.
- The sipes are also made wider to allow the free flow of water without it building up, causing Aquaplaning.
- Therefore, more traction with more flexibility becomes key to a great grip on the road.
- The number of blocks increases, so the biting edges also increase, resulting in a better hold on snow and ice.
What is the best place to get them?
Hillam Tyres take pride in the wide collection it has on display. We have winter tyres Huddersfield drivers would kill for. We have tyres from Pirelli, Michelin, Dunlop, Bridgestone, Goodyear etc. that offer excellent quality and ultimate performance.
You can get your favourite tyres delivered at your doorsteps by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following these steps:
- Go to the 'Tyre Finder' tool at the top.
- Enter the registration number of your car. you can also choose to fill specifications you are looking for.
- Select your favourite tyre.
- Proceed to check out, fill in your address, and make payment.
If you want to give us a visit and check it out yourself, feel free to walk in anytime between 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday, and 8 AM to 12 PM Saturday.
With the amazing prices we have decided on our products, it surely becomes a mouth-watering deal.